CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

April First

As we speak, the cats are right now pulling me and the Pillbug in a dogsled through the Mojave.  We're en route to Vegas to crash Betty White's house party.  Did you hear she hooked up with a transsexual reincarnated Elvis clone in the 70s?

If you don't believe me, check the date stamp on this post!

This morning at about 4 AM, I looked down at Pillbug, who was drifting off to sleep with an adorable smile on his little face, and felt an incredible surge of love.  He is way better than anything I could have ever imagined, and I feel so honored and humbled to be the one to bring this amazing little person to life. 

In my brain damaged stupor induced by no more than 4 hours' sleep in the last 6.5 weeks, I did what any normal person would do:  I updated my Facebook status accordingly.  " I love my little man!"  This got many "likes" from my friends, acquaintances frenemies and family facebook friends.  I checked the newsfeed to see what everyone else had to say, and then it hit me:   Either everybody's off their meds, or it's April Fools' Day.  How mortifying.  I know it looks like I'm just not playing, a first for me, but I know some catty feminine hygiene product is going to bring this up later when talking about what a crappy mom I am.

This is one of the myriad reasons I would love to break up with Facebook.  Why I can't/won't is a different post.

Who cares though.  I am holding my son, which means I should get baptized by a leaky diaper any second now all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment